Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Storm is a Comin'

This morning/afternoon I went to Mint- our new favorite coffee shop- to meet Laura. When I left the house it was gray and windy outside. We live on the bay side of the island, and the waters were choppy, but nothing like I saw when I got to the sea side of the island.

As we were walking home after lunch Laura suggested we stop and look at the water. The waves were huge. Normally the sea is glass still and blue. Today there were rolling waves, crashing ocean sounds and lots of white caps. The sky is very dark and it looks like a storm is rolling in.

On a side note, my parents got Dan and I a video camera for Christmas. I am still learning to use it along with IMovie, but below is a the video from today....please forgive my novice filming skills!

 

After we filmed these waves, we walked down towards home a bit more and the waves were even bigger. As I was reaching in my bag to get my camera out, Laura said, "Wow, that's a huge wave coming towards us." So naturally we look up and realize we are about to be soaked. As I turned to run away I couldn't because the ground was slippery....so I was completely drenched by the wave in front of a bus stop full of people and some bystanders. Lucky for me Laura didn't have her camera out yet either so my finest moment wasn't caught on film. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment