Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reasons to Love August

August is officially here and already starting to fly by...so in the spirit of the last month of summer, I wanted to celebrate all of the great things about August.

-We are just 30 days from the College Football Season- thank goodness!

-Peach season is here. Love a great peach on a hot summer day!

-August is the last official month of summer. Enjoy these hot days before it turns cold.

-Jersey Shore season 4 starts this week. Be honest, you're excited too!

-School starts at the end of the month...kids don't love going to school, but back to school shopping fixes everything!

-Did I mention College Football?! Less than 30 days!

-NFL is also back in action. More football.

-Grilling is better in the summer. August is a great time to try all sorts of new or favorite grilling recipes to prepare for the fall tailgate parties.

-Greek Fest is this weekend here in Toronto. Very excited about this!

-Lots of birthdays to celebrate....facebook keeps telling me there are almost 4 each day!

-Last, but definitely not least...the CN Tower Edge Walk opened on August 1st. The Tower is the tallest in the Western Hemisphere. This Edge Walk is crazy....but looks fun! I'm considering it! :) Watch this video to get the full experience.

The video is a little long...like 14 mins, but it gives all kinds of views and the full experience. I think I may skip this tourist attraction. Watching this video makes me a bit scared of heights. :)  Feet on the ground for Katie.

1 comment:

  1. My heart was beating fast just watching it!! No way would I ever do that.

    ReplyDelete