Monday, August 1, 2011

Bachelorette Rant...

SPOILER ALERT * Do NOT read if you have not seen the finale of the Bachelorette yet.


Ok, so I get the appeal of the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I do. I am an admitted reality junkie, and not even all of the failed relationships and cheesiness can turn me away from this show. I have watched every season. Now, with this season, maybe because we were traveling and moving or maybe because Ashley wasn't too interesting to me I didn't watch the first half of the season very closely. Over the last 5 episodes, though, and her stint on Brad's season, I feel like I understood Ashely's way of thinking.

Tonight as I am watching the finale I can't help but be shocked- for a few reasons....

1. Ashley is rocking a $16,000 Randi Rham dress. It's gorgeous, BUT it's 90 degrees. She is sweating her face off. Really!? a $16,000 dress was the best choice? And she wore it in the ocean. Really?!

2. She let Ben get down on one knew a propose. I know how much girls like to hear guys gushing about how much they love them, etc. But you NEVER should let a guy get on one knee and propose if you aren't going to give him the final rose. You stole his one chance at that moment. And you already knew you were going to say 'no.' Didn't she learn anything from Deanna Pappas' Season?! Just a low move. Don't like that one.

3. Her sister is cruel. I mean what she was saying may have had some truth to it, but Ashley is in love. She is happy and her evil sister had to come in all mean and cold on her. That ruined Fiji. Not even the warm weather and beautiful ocean could thaw her sisters stone cold heart. Sadness. Especially since JP knows how the sister really feels and they are going to be in-laws.

4. Ashley cried A LOT. She cried more than anyone I can remember in any season. Holy hats. Kleenex should call and get some promotion on that.Tears were in every episode at least...sometimes multiple times.

5. Who exactly pays for Neil Lane to fly to these remote locations to show off some rings? He really isn't too busy for the Bachelorette? Find that hard to believe. It must be expensive for ABC to fly him all of these places. And he gives the rings away to the contestants. Pricey deal on his end. How many rings do you think he actually sells because the guy saw it on the Bachelor? Not many is my guess. Not only is the main demo of the show girls, but even if guys are watching I think that kind of advertising dumb and non-important. Neil Lane being in Fiji for Ben and P.J. is not a selling point for guys.

6. Could they have made it any harder for Ben to get off that island and away from Ashley? I mean the guy had to fly in, get rejected, walk forever to get to the ocean, then get on a boat and sail away in front of her. And boy did he look mad. Short of flipping her the bird as he passed by in the boat, his message was clear. Poor guy. It was a long walk. And he basically hates her. Did ya hear his goodbye speech?

With all of that said, lets be serious...I can't wait to see Ashley and Ben reunite on the after show next. Chris Harrison knows how to host some goooooood drama. And my money is on Ben still being ANGRY!

Enjoy the After the Rose special!

No comments:

Post a Comment