Sunday, August 14, 2011

Celeb Sighting- TV Edition

In the last week, I have run into Missy Peregrym a few times in our building. She is a TV actress that you'd probably know from Heroes, Reaper, or Rookie Blue. She was also the rebellious gymnast in Stick It- a great ABC family movie favorite :)



She is super super nice in person! I first ran into her and her friend as I was dropping off some groceries on Tuesday from St. Lawrence Market before heading to the regular grocery store. Since it was a quick change, I parked my car in the circle at the front door instead of down in the garage. As I was getting on the elevator, I passed her as she was headed out. After I emptied my shopping bag, I headed back down to the car b/c I didn't want to block anyone in. Missy and her friend were standing there waiting on their car, so I spoke with them. She was really nice, but of course I was not used to seeing someone on TV in my elevator so I may have been rambling a bit.

Rookie Blue- the TV series she is on right now- is filmed in Toronto and is pretty big here. It was on in the States for a little while, but I am not sure if it still is. We love watching it here on Thursday nights for our weekly 'cop drama.'

Yesterday morning, I was dragging myself to yoga class and looked oh so tired for a Saturday morning. I was headed to the parking garage, so I was patiently waiting on the elevator. As I groggily stepped into the lift, Missy was there smiling. She said, "Oh hi! Good to see you...again. It's crazy because I just got back in town this morning." Yep, pretty sure she thinks I am now planning these run-ins. I can assure you, I am not :)

Regardless of her being on TV, it is a nice change to see someone our age in the elevator or in passing in our building. I feel like I have mostly seen older people or no one at all- that could have something to do with our weird hours in and out of the house. Since she lives in the building and works here in town, there is always the possibility of running into her again I suppose. I'll keep you updated on any celeb sightings in the area- especially with the Film Fest here next month!

1 comment:

  1. I recognize here from heroes. She looks like she would be a nice person.

    ReplyDelete