Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthday Monday

Today is Dan's birthday so this is all about celebrating his big day! He is 27 today- officially on his way to 30 and being o-l-d :) I can just say that because he is older than me.

On Saturday night, we went over to Mike and Laura's for a mexican fiesta night/birthday celebration. We made homemade margaritas (best recipe ever with only fruit, tequila, ice, and a little sugar) homemade chicken taco soup, cornbread, and cheesecake cupcakes (made by me).

Dan loves cheesecake so I decided to make these individual cheesecake cupcakes with chocolate chips. They were good- a great small way to have cheesecake without making the whole pie. Plus, I didn't have a spring form pan here so this was a great option.

Here is the easy recipe: Cheesecake Cupcakes

The few changes I would make are these: omit the salt for the crust all together- it isn't necessary. Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream- possibly a vanilla Greek Yogurt for a sweeter taste. These would be great with or without chocolate chips. I made a few with some mini peanut butter cups and some plain just topped with extra crust crumbles. Best to eat once they are cooled down and refrigerated.

Before Cheesecake Filling
Finished Product

Birthday Boy!

Gift time!

 
Birthday Happies


Hope everyone had a great weekend. The Bachelor Pad 2 is on tonight...it may or may not involve Kasey serenading Vienna. Prepare yourself! The recap should be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Please have Dan read The Intelligent Investor, then explain the whole thing to me, then invest intelligently for me. Actually, he can skip the explanation part as long as he does the investment part.

    ReplyDelete