Saturday, July 16, 2011

Today I Don't Feel Like Doing Anything

Bruno Mars sings about it about every 5 minutes on the radio, and today it was my theme song. I didn't feel like doing anything.

So again today, a little bit of a boring blog. 

We were going to do dinner and a night out with Laura and Mike, but Laura is sick so we are spending the night in. It is actually a nice thing since Dan has been working all day and I've been, well, doing a lot of nothing. I did do some laundry and paint my nails, but pajamas have been the outfit of choice today.

Since I was lazy all day, I had to do something productive in the form of dinner. I stole my idea from a delish dish I had a Ciao Bella before we left Memphis. It is pasta with a basil pesto sauce and spicy sausage. Earlier this week when I went to St. Lawrence Market, I stopped by the Sausage King. He makes all of his sausages homemade right in the shop and has been there for over 50 years. They are said to have the best sausages in Toronto. So I chose a chicken & turkey spicy sausage in lieu of pork.

I used a whole wheat penne noodle, and for the sauce I cheated a bit. I used Classico's Basil Pesto sauce and mixed it in with cooked noodles and browned sausage. Now that I know we will like a homemade dish, I will try a homemade sauce next time.


Dan keeps reminding me that every day can't be exciting and new, and that I just need to relax. I am really going to work on that this week and enjoy the down time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Tomorrow we will be rooting on the USA Women's Soccer team. Who knows what else is in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment