Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"What Knockers!"



On our recent trip to Mdina, I had read before hand to keep your eyes out for great door knockers throughout the town. Seemed like a strange thing to look for, but I was glad that we knew this tip before going. There were quite a few cool looking doors with great door knockers.

The video above is for Sweet Lou, my father in law, who said this line when we told him about the knockers in Mdina. I have yet to see the movie Young Frankenstein, but the clip itself is entertaining.

So here are some of our pictures of the doors and door knockers from around Mdina....makes my door at home look dull. They are mostly fully functional still and are made locally in Mdina. Very elaborate and ornate.











Hope everyone had a great Wednesday. We are heading out for dinner tonight to get away from our house for a bit.

Until tomorrow...xo

1 comment:

  1. Very clever clip! Hat's off to you and Sweet Lou. Give him our best! Havn't seen the movie but think I must!

    Great "knockers"

    ReplyDelete