Thursday, September 1, 2011

Labour Day

Apparently, I was misled when I was told Canada doesn't have Labor Day this weekend/Monday. They, in fact, do. It is still called Labor Day but spelled Labour Day. Way to keep things British, Canada.

This weekend is also our first visit from Americans...and my in-laws. We are so so excited for them to come and see the city and to have company!

I have been trying to find restaurants and sights to see so we can sort of plan out our weekend, but this has proven to be a little more challenging than I first thought. It seems that not only are grocery stores, banks, and post offices closed on Monday, but a fair share of restaurants close for the weekend as well.

True, it is also their holiday. However, I can't think of a time when we have had this problem in the States. Again, we are accustomed to the usual closings, but at Toll Brothers we had to work & sell homes on almost every holiday- excluding Christmas Day and New Years Day. But all other days are game. Bizarre.

We have successfully found a good brunch place for Sunday morning, but I am still shocked at how many top rated eateries close up shop for the entire weekend. Oh Canada. Some things here never cease to amaze me.

Enjoy the long no-work weekend Canadians...and those of you in the States. Hope everyone has plans to head somewhere warm and sunny and soak up some of the last of summer!

On a great high note, college football season is here. Kick off is tonight for many teams and games are throughout the weekend! I cannot be more excited to have football back...even if we don't get ESPN here. Luckily, NBC will be carrying the Notre Dame game, so that has clearly made our weekend agenda.

Until tomorrow...Go Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment