Wednesday, July 13, 2011

First Celebrity Sighting

 http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/celebdatabase/hughjackman/hugh_jackman1_300_400.jpg
This afternoon, I went to tour the gym that is closest to our house and next to the Whole Foods. It's a fabulous gym with everything you could imagine, plus great class options. So as I am touring with one of the Membership Directors, Lily, we kept walking around the weights area a few times talking.

When we went back to her office she said, "So did you see Hugh Jackman?" Clearly, I had not seen the Wolverine himself or I obviously would have mentioned it to her! I was intently surveying the gym and equipment to make sure I would be comfortable joining and paying for it. So after telling Lily no, she said, "Well we walked by him 3 times. I guess I can show you the free weights again. Get a good look!"

That's all it took for me to have my first celeb sighting in Toronto! And he isn't even one of the celebrities I knew was here. Apparently he is doing a concert here for two weeks and lives near the gym so he works out daily there. Just doing weights, Hugh Jackman in the flesh. Pretty good first sighting if you ask me.

So now I am set on this gym :) not only for the celebs- apparently Colin Farrel works out there daily too- but b/c it is the nicest gym with all of the accessories! Also, in September when the Toronto Film Festival is in town, I know exactly where I will be sitting with my laptop each day- the tables at Whole Food Cafe next to the store and the gym! Sighting spot has been scouted!

On a slightly funnier note, I was at No Frills, the cheaper grocery store this afternoon picking up a few things we needed for dinner and I saw a familiar sight.


I saw this guy- a Jersey Shore cast member type- roaming the grocery store with his sunglasses on, black dress pants, and a Brady Quinn jersey from his days with the Cleveland Browns. Brady's is definitely getting love in Toronto!

Other than these few exciting things- nothing new here. Dan is working away. We are having a little chicken fajita night with a new episode of Boardwalk Empire for entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment