Thursday, February 11, 2010

Slow and Steady

Hey y'all! I know it's been a few days since our inaugural post...and I know everyone (Aunt Laura only) has been waiting to hear more news :)

Well, the good news is that construction will begin March 1st! We have our pre-construction meeting where we will go over the plans with a fine-tooth comb and make sure all the bells and whistles are in place. They will then scrape the lot and dig out the hole for the basement to begin to lay the foundation.

We have chosen all of the interior fixtures- cabinets, floors, etc. I won't bore you with the odd looking, hard to tell what it is pictures. As everything goes into the house I will post photos.

Sooo as construction begins shortly, I promise I will keep you updated with pictures of all the walls and beams going up! We are too excited for this process to begin already!

Hope all is well. Miss you guys!

Katie & Dan

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!
    Can't turn our backs on you two for one minute! Building a new house - and then throw in Greece & Italy as a side comment, Well I will just have to process all this for a while but I'll for sure be following BOTH projects. The only thing we can think of that would make it better is if it was happening here in Flordia! We are so very,very proud of you both. Love & Hugs, As Always your biggest long distance fan, Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete