Thursday, March 4, 2010

Doing our Part


While the builders are finalizing their plans with the city and getting ready to begin our dream house, we are working on our part...furnishing the house!

When Mom & Uncle Lee moved Grandmother out of her apartment, this china hutch ended up at Mom's house. I loved it and since it was right before the wedding we asked about it to store all of the china we were receiving. It originally was a walnut-y yellow-ish finishwith vinyl/veneer plastic sides. While it was gorgeous, it doesn't go with any of the things in our new house.

Thats what I've been keeping myself busy with this week- refinishing the hutch. We love it and want to keep it- especially since it's Grandmothers. But it definitely needed the TLC. The further I got into prepping it for the paint, the more I was glad I was cleaning it.

So this is our new china hutch. My contribution to the new house. Hope y'all like it! As soon as they start physical work on the lot I promise to post pictures.



-Katie & Dan


1 comment: